AAOHN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AAOHN reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors).
The views expressed by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of AAOHN. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporate presentations, marketing collateral and/or advertising.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to creating a safe, productive and welcoming environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAOHN staff members, service providers and all others must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints, which may be different from your own
- Be collaborative with others
- Be mindful of your words and actions
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images OR sexual language, including in presentations and slide decks.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by AAOHN.
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing your AAOHN registration or making event content available to another person(s).
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances.
- Inappropriate comments or stalking of fellow attendees.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
AAOHN has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because all AAOHN National Conference sessions will be available for on-demand viewing for 90 days post-event, we will not be offering refunds on virtual registration. Please contact AAOHN at if you would like to transfer your virtual National Conference registration to a colleague prior to June 8, 2022.
Members can transfer a registration to another member. A member cannot switch their registration to a non-member. Name changes are only permitted when received in writing. All name changes during pre-registration should be sent to .
Liability Waiver & Release
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the 2022 National Conference, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue AAOHN or its members, employees, board members, agents, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of AAOHN. You must be age 21 or older to attend social events where alcohol is served unless a parent is present. This Liability Waiver & Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
On occasion you may be photographed, video-taped, audio-taped, or have screenshots taken in connection with AAOHN events and activities. As a participant of the 2022 National Conference, you agree that AAOHN is the sole owner of all rights in and to the resulting photographs, video footage and recordings, for all purposes related to AAOHN’s business (both now and in the future). Your name and likeness may be used by AAOHN in advertising and promotional materials. Participants shall receive no compensation or royalties for appearance in any materials.
As part of your registration to the 2022 National Conference, AAOHN will share the data you provide with third-party vendors in order to process your registration, to make you aware of goods and services you may be interested in, to perform analytics on behalf of AAOHN, in connection with the 2022 National Conference and for such other purposes as AAOHN may approve from time to time. Your virtual registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance and virtual booths visited.