Virtual Event FAQs
What time zone will the National Conference be based on?
All times on the schedule at a glance and within the platform default to the Central Time Zone (CDT).
Can I export the schedule to my email calendar?
Yes, you can add sessions you don’t want to miss to your personal calendar. When you click into the schedule from the navigation menu, there will be an “Add to Calendar” button that allows you to add that session to your calendar.
How can I print my schedule?
To print your schedule, please click on the Schedule tab. Here you can right click and select “Print” or hit ctrl+P to print the schedule by day. You may also add the sessions to your personal calendar. When you click into the schedule from the navigation menu, there will be an “Add to Calendar” button that allows you to add that session to your calendar (Apple, Google, Office 365, Outlook or Yahoo). You can then print your calendar.
What if I witness any strange or unacceptable behavior or comments in the platform?
AAOHN has implemented a code of conduct that defines unacceptable behavior during the virtual conference. Please report any instances to email@example.com so that staff can address the situation immediately.
What ADA accommodations will be made in the virtual experience platform?
AAOHN complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing a positive experience for all of our attendees. If you have special requirements due to disability, there was an opportunity to indicate requests during the registration process. If you need assistance participating in the virtual experience please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make every effort to accommodate your request.
Where is the AAOHN mobile app and why isn't it updated?
This year, all educational content will be available through web browser only. We will not be using the AAOHN mobile app for this year’s event. The conference can also be accessed on tablet; however, for the best experience, we recommend using a web browser. The virtual platform is optimized for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers while participating via laptop or desktop computers.
How can I optimize my home internet for a better National Conference experience?
- Maximize your internet connection by connecting your computer by an Ethernet cable directly from your internet router.
- If you must use Wi-Fi, try to use the 5GHz network.
- Wi-Fi works best when you are 5-8 ft from your router.
- Give your router space to breathe by placing it in “free space”. This means not in a TV stand or behind the couch.
- Check and tighten all cable connections, with your router and with your computer.
- Give your router time to rest by turning it off for at least 10 seconds and restarting it. This will boost your internet speed by a few extra mbps.
- Close out other apps on your device that are not essential to the Annual Meeting.
- Disconnect other non-essential devices around your home (or office) that are connected to the internet: streaming devices, tablets, phones, video game systems, and/or smart TVs.
Do I need to download any software to participate?
No, you do not need to download any software to participate in the National Conference; however, the platform is optimized for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers while participating via laptop or desktop computers.
How will my information be shared with other attendees?
What if I want to register after the event starts?
You still can! Register by August 26, 2022 here. You will have access to the platform through September 9, 2022.
Please note it may take up to 24 hours for your account to be activated. You should receive your confirmation email with the link to give you access to the site.
I didn’t receive my registration confirmation, what do I do?
Your registration confirmation email is only sent once payment is received. Platform access information will be emailed from email@example.com a week prior to the conference with the subject line: “(Don’t) pack your bags for the 2022 AAOHN National Conference.” Please check your junk mail folder — if you haven't received your confirmation email within 24 hours, or to resend the email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my registration and receive a refund?
Due to the recent shift to a virtual environment and the nature of the event, cancellations cannot be processed. AAOHN is pleased to offer access to the National Conference on-demand content three months post-meeting, until September 9, 2022.
How do I transfer my registration to someone else?
Registration substitutions can only be accepted until Tuesday, June 1st. To transfer your registration to someone else please email email@example.com.
Virtual Event Platform
How do I log into the National Conference Virtual Experience?
Please use the link in the email invitation you received to access the virtual site a week prior to the conference. Platform access information will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “(Don’t) pack your bags for the 2022 AAOHN National Conference.” To access the event, please enter the email address you used during the registration process.
If you cannot locate this email, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
How do I edit my profile?
To edit your profile, log in to the virtual event platform. Once logged in, click “Update Profile” in the upper right-hand corner next to your profile icon. There you will be able to make changes to your Credentials, Title, Organization, City, State, and Country fields. We suggest you also include your photo.
If my connection freezes for a moment on the chat or during a session, what should I do?
Try to refresh your page. Check your internet connection to ensure it’s stable. As a reminder, the platform experience is best if you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser.
I'm having problems with the virtual platform. What troubleshooting can I do to help?
Please try these options if you experience problems staying in the platform, with audio or video display issues.
- Make sure that the internet browser you are using is Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as these are the recommended internet browsers for the best experience.
- Check to ensure that the browser you are using is the latest version.
- Disable any firewalls or any related software that might be blocking the platform.
- Exit from any chat rooms that you are not actively chatting in.
If you are still experiencing challenges after trying these options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I chat with a specific speaker or attendee?
- To chat with a speaker or attendee, you must be in the “Conversations & Chat” section of the platform. Once you are in that section, you can send direct messages to any attendee or speaker that is also in the chat. Simply click on their profile and select “send direct message”. You may also invite attendees to participate in a chat room.
- You may set your availability to “Available”, “Away”, “Busy” or Customized.
What other resources do you have that I can use to better navigate the virtual platform?
AAOHN is pleased to offer a series of how-to videos and the National Conference Navigation Guide that include screenshots of the platform and answers to many frequent questions. Please visit the Help Desk in the platform to access these resources.
In addition to these resources, there will also be a live tech support chat available during the live conference dates. Live technical support is available during the following times:
- Wednesday, June 8: 8:00 am Central Time (CT) – 4:30 pm Central Time (CT)
- Thursday, June 9: 8:30 am Central Time (CT) – 4:15 pm Central Time (CT)
How do I view a session?
All National Conference sessions will broadcast June 8-9, 2022. To view a session, please click on the Auditorium. Within the Auditorium, click the main “screen” at the front of the room that says “click here to view the session”. From here, you will see a list of all sessions available during a timeslot. Select the session you would like to view. There will then be a “Join Session” button on the right side of the session list. The join button will not appear until the countdown has reached zero. After the session broadcast time has aired, that session will then be available for on-demand viewing.
I’m trying to join a session that starts in 5 minutes, but I can’t get in. What do I do?
You can access the session 60 seconds prior to the scheduled start time of the broadcast.
I logged into a session early and I can’t see the video or chat once the session started. What should I do?
If you logged in early to the session, you may need to refresh your page in order to access the session.
I am experiencing issues with the Zoom sessions, what can I do?
The virtual platform is optimized for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers while participating via laptop or desktop computers. We recommend either trying a different browser or connecting with the tech support chat located within the Help Desk.
What can I do if I miss a live session?
Full Conference registrants will have access to all the recorded sessions (where speakers have given permission). On-demand access will begin June 8, 2022 through September 9, 2022.
Will there be a Q&A with the speakers after a session? How do I ask a question?
Most sessions will not have Q & A. If you have a question for a speaker regarding the content of their presentation, please submit to email@example.com. Attendees cannot ask questions verbally as all attendees audio is muted. If the speaker offers some Q&A time, please use Q & A box to ask questions during specific sessions.
What if the speaker doesn’t answer a question?
If the speaker has provided their contact information within their presentation, you can feel free to reach out to the speaker directly with your question. If the speaker has not provided their contact information, you can email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our staff will direct your question to the appropriate person.
Will there be a chat function with the session?
Yes, you will have access to a chat box so that you may comment on the session, answer reflective questions or engage with other attendees.
What if I watch a recording, can I see the chat?
Yes, you will still have access to see the chat that occurred during the live broadcast session. Please note: when you are watching a recording on-demand, you may be the only person watching the session at that time, so the chat functions may not be active.
Will there be handouts? Where can I find them?
If the speaker has included a handout with their presentation, the handout can be found within the conference platform once you access a session. The handout will be listed with a link to download the pdf to your device.
How many CNE credits will be offered at the Virtual Conference?
Attendees will have the opportunity to earn up to 35.5 contact hours for the National Conference, from education and poster sessions.
When will I be able to pre-register for the educational sessions? Do I have to do this when I register?
You do not need to pre-register for any virtual event educational sessions.
Will sessions be recorded?
Yes, all sessions will be recorded. Access to on-demand content begins June 8, 2022. The recording will be housed directly on the Auditorium page. Sessions are listed chronologically by the time they initially aired. Sessions will be available on-demand until September 9, 2022.
How will I receive my certificates?
All National Conference attendees will need to view each session and complete the session evaluation to earn a CNE certificate. To access your evaluation and certificate:
- Log into the AAOHN website – If you do not know your password click the Username and/or Password Help link (be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email).
- Hover over the Education tab, and then select Evaluations and Certificates.
- Under the AAOHN National Conferences heading. Select the evaluation link 2022 National Conference.
- Click the blue link to access the evaluation page.
- Read the instructions and click Continue.
- Complete the Demographics and Session Evaluations, (Posters will be found under the Session Evaluation button) as you view sessions in the event. Complete the Overall Evaluation when you have finished with all the sessions you intend to claim CNE. Once you complete the Overall Evaluation tab, you Certificate will then become available to save and/or print.
- Once you Claim your certificate, your evaluation is locked and final. Please make sure to evaluate all sessions you intend to view before claiming a certificate.
- We recommend you save and print your certificate only when you have viewed all the event sessions that you may so that all evaluations are tallied in your transcripts.
How long will I have to complete my evaluation to earn my certificate?
Evaluations for the virtual event will be available until September 9, 2022 to claim your continuing education credit. The evaluation will be locked to attendees on September 16, 2022. If you need assistance with your evaluation access, please contact email@example.com.